- OeVisa has implemented practices, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with the Act and the Australian Privacy Principles and to deal with complaints and enquiries concerning your Personal Information.
- OeVisa’s Compliance Officer (contact details in section 8 below) has overall responsibility for ensuring that OeVisa and its employees, agents and subsidiaries comply with this Policy.
- OeVisa collects information only by lawful and fair means.
- Collection of Personal Information
- OeVisa collects the following kinds of Personal Information:
- your identity particulars, including your name, sex, date of birth, phone number, passport information, national identity number, destination details. If you choose to add another application for another person on our website, OeVisa will ask you for the same information for this person(s);
- details of services or products you acquire from OeVisa or which you enquire about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services or products and respond to your enquiries;
- information regarding applications you apply for utilising OeVisa’s services;
- Personal Information you provide to OeVisa through OeVisa’s service centre or in response to customer surveys;
- any additional Personal Information you provide to OeVisa online, by telephone, by email or otherwise to OeVisa representatives, or via your agents; and
- where you are a client of OeVisa, the contents of telephone conversations between you and OeVisa representatives.
- If OeVisa does not collect required Personal Information, then OeVisa may not be able to provide you with its services or products, or process visa applications on your behalf.
- OeVisa collects your Personal Information from you, or via your agents, in ways including the following:
- through your access and use of the OeVisa website;
- during conversations between you and OeVisa representatives;
- when you complete an application;
- when you conduct transactions using OeVisa’s services; and
- when you send information in emails or correspondence to OeVisa;
- OeVisa does not store any financial information for our customers. All transactions are processed on a secure 3rd party payment gateway.
- Purposes of collection, holding, use and disclosure of Personal Information
- OeVisa collects, holds, uses and discloses your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide its services and products to you and undertake associated business processes and functions;
- for administration, planning and account management;
- where you are a client of OeVisa, to identify you;
- to monitor, develop and improve the quality of its services;
- if you are registered with OeVisa, to send you information that is relevant to the provision of its services;
- to answer or process your enquiries or complaints, and provide information or advice;
- to comply with any law, rule or binding determination, or to cooperate with any governmental authority; and
- any other purpose disclosed to you at the time OeVisa collects your Personal Information.
- If OeVisa sends you information that is relevant to the provision of OeVisa’s services, and at any time you do not wish to receive that information, you may send OeVisa an email opt-out and request that you not be included in any future mail-outs at: privacy@OeVisa.com.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- OeVisa will share your Personal Information with third parties only in the ways that are described below:
- to OeVisa’s contractors or service providers for the purposes of conducting its business and providing its services or products to you, including web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- to any partners, agents or intermediaries who are a necessary part of the provision of OeVisa’s products and services;
- to international intermediaries to complete your applications;
- to any government regulatory bodies that normally require it or may request it;
- as may be required under any other law;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets.
- Any of the recipients referred to in paragraph 4.1 may be located overseas. The location of any such overseas recipient will depend on the country to which your application relates.
- Information retention, quality and security
OeVisa may hold Personal Information in electronic and/or hard copy format.
- Personal Information shall be retained only for as long as may be needed for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) for which the information is collected, used or disclosed, or as required by the Act, any other law or a court/tribunal order.
- Subject to any legislative requirements, OeVisa will destroy, erase, or make anonymous your Personal Information when it is no longer needed as referred to in paragraph 5.1.
- OeVisa will take reasonable steps in the circumstances to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date, to minimise the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about you.
- OeVisa will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information is collected, used or disclosed.
- OeVisa will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information. OeVisa has in place a range of security safeguards to protect your Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification, regardless of the format in which it is held.
- The methods of protection may depend on the sensitivity of the information and the format in which it is contained. Security measures employed by OeVisa include:
- technological measures including SSL 128-bit encryption for all data transfers over the Internet;
- physical measures such as locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices;
- strategic measures such as restricted system admin levels, security clearances and limiting access to a "need-to-know" basis; and
- OeVisa ensures that its staff are aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information.
- Access and correction
- You may request access to any Personal Information that OeVisa holds about you at any time by contacting OeVisa at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Where OeVisa holds Personal Information that you are entitled to access, OeVisa will within a reasonable period of your request (and always within 30 days of any such request) allow you access to that information. The requested information shall be provided or made available in the manner requested by you, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so, or otherwise in a suitable form such as by mailing or emailing it to you.
- You may point out to OeVisa that any personal information held by OeVisa is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, and request correction/deletion or information or ask to have it removed from a testimonial on our site or deactivate it by making the change on your Edit Profile page or by emailing us at: email@example.com. OeVisa will take appropriate action to amend the information as required, give you notice of any correction and, if requested take reasonable steps to, or if required by the Act, notify any third party to whom the information has been disclosed of the correction. If OeVisa does not agree that there are grounds for amendment of your information then it will set out the reasons for its decision in writing and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal, and upon request by you it will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
- There may be circumstances which preclude OeVisa from providing access to some or all of your Personal Information. For example, those circumstances could include:
- the information may impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the information is commercially sensitive evaluative information;
- the information is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege;
- OeVisa is prohibited by law from providing you with access; or
- the disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the safety, physical or mental health or life of an individual.
- If OeVisa decides that it cannot grant you access to your Personal Information, or grant access in the manner requested by you, it will set out the reasons for its decision in writing and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal.
Making a Complaint
- OeVisa takes all complaints seriously, and will investigate all complaints. For details of how OeVisa deals with complaints generally, please refer to OeVisa’s Complaints Policy, available at http:/www.oevisa.com/complaints.
- If you believe there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or if you have any other concerns about OeVisa’s handling of your Personal Information, please speak to your usual contact at OeVisa in the first instance. OeVisa staff will be pleased to help and complaints can often be resolved at this early stage. If your concerns cannot be resolved at the first point of contact, the matter should be referred to OeVisa’s Compliance Officer (contact details below). At this stage, OeVisa will ask you to set out your complaint in writing providing as much detail as you can so that OeVisa’s Compliance Officer can fully investigate your complaint. OeVisa will then contact you with the results of its findings. You should allow up to thirty days from the time of your initial complaint, or such longer period as may be agreed to by you, to receive a response.
- Please contact the Customer Service department on +61 (0)7 3053 8121 for further information as to how complaints are handled by OeVisa internally.
- Contacting OeVisa
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or the collection, use or handling of your personal information, you may contact the OeVisa Compliance Officer on +63 915 310 2702 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
22 Petrie Terrace
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
OAIC is a government agency which oversees the Act and related legislation, and investigates complaints about handling of personal information under the Act. OAIC will in many cases only investigate cases once OeVisa has been given the opportunity to resolve your complaint internally. You may lodge your complaint with OAIC by sending the necessary documents and information to:
Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: (02) 9284 9666
- Tracking Technologies
- OeVisa and its marketing partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. OeVisa may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
- OeVisa uses Internet technologies like cookies and web beacons to facilitate the services we provide on our websites and your use of our websites, including for the following reasons.
- To assist OeVisa in providing services to you.
- To allow you to change web pages during your visit without having to re-enter your password.
- To store your preferences and other information and to track activity on the OeVisa website.
- To better understand the effectiveness of OeVisa’s promotional campaigns.
- To determine whether you came to the OeVisa site from a banner ad or an affiliate website.
- To deliver Information specific to your interests on additional web sites.
- To determine whether you've acted on OeVisa’s promotional messages.
NOTE: A "cookie" is a text file placed on your computer's hard drive by a web server, which allows for personalisation of certain aspects of your visit to that website. "Web beacons" are transparent electronic images placed in the web code that collect non-personal data while visiting a website. Cookies and web beacons can usually be disabled by changing your browser preferences. Your browser usually has documentation on how to disable cookies and web beacons. Note that disabling cookies may limit the performance of OeVisa's websites. If cookies are disabled, certain features of OeVisa’s websites may not function properly, and you may not be able to register or use your online account.
- OeVisa partners with a third party to either display advertising on the OeVisa website or to manage OeVisa’s advertising on other sites. OeVisa’s third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- OeVisa gathers certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
OeVisa does not link this automatically collected data to other information it collects about you.
- OeVisa uses Local Shared Objects, such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom OeVisa partners to provide certain features on the OeVisa website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use Flash cookies or HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. To manage Flash cookies, please click here:http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- Other Information
- The OeVisa website includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on the OeVisa website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
- The OeVisa website may be linked to or from third party websites. These links are provided as a convenience only. OeVisa is not responsible for the content or privacy principles of websites that are linked to or from the OeVisa website. You are advised to review the privacy policies of any third party websites you visit.
- Availability and changes to this Policy
- This Policy is available on the OeVisa website. OeVisa may change this Policy from time to time. Any updated versions of this Policy will be posted on the website. If OeVisa makes any material changes OeVisa will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. OeVisa encourages you to periodically review this page for the latest information on OeVisa’s privacy practices.
- You may request OeVisa to provide a copy of the information in this Policy in an alternative form, such as in hard copy.