One of the most upcoming destinations globally, Myanmar hosts any number of attractions to visit. With a coastline spanning some 1930 km along the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea, it is easy for you to find a piece of untouched paradise with no one else around. A place to be explored and experienced, Myanmar is only recently becoming more and more accessible. The time to visit is now.
About the visa, conditions and requirements
Name of visa
Who can apply?
Foreign nationals from the following countries will need an eVisa before boarding their flight to Myanmar.
Who is required to get the visa?
Travellers from the above countries wishing to visit Myanmar for a period not exceeding 28 days.
eVisa is only valid for single entry. Re-entry will require purchase of a new eVisa.
Business eVisa - $70 USD
Tourist eVisa - $50 USD
The validity of the eVisa approval letter is 90 days from the issued date, if it has expired then entry will be declined.
Length of Stay
You can stay for 28 days from the date of your arrival into Myanmar
Gap between visits
There is no restriction
- Standard processing time 3 business days
- Rush process time 2 business days (additional $30)
- Urgent process time 1 business day (additional $50)
Must have 6 months validity on your passport from time of entry
- Brunei (14 days)
- Cambodia (14 days)
- Indonesia (14 days)
- Laos (14 days)
- Philippines (14 days)
- Thailand (14 days)
- Singapore (30 days)
- Viet Nam (14 days)
Port of Entry
Entry into Myanmar must be made from one of the following entry points.
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
- Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
- Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
- Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
eVisa entry conditions
- Tourists must stay in registered hotels, motels, inns, guest house or resort during their stay in Myanmar
- You are unable to enter Myanmar with eVisa visa Sea
- If the applicant has children under 7 years old on the same passport, you have to enter their details in the minor section of the application.