Visiting Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka, formely known as Ceylon is an island nation off the coast of India. It’s diverse landscape includes arid plains, gorgeous sandy beaches and untouched rainforest, filled with all kinds of wildlife. With an ancient history dating back more than 2000 years, Sri Lanka offers something for everyone.
About the visa, conditions and requirements
Name of visa
ETA – Electronic Travel Authorization
Who can apply?
Open to citizens of all countries, except the 3 visa exempt countries list below.
The ETA is valid for double entry.
- Tourist visa with double entry for 30 days $20 USD
All other countries
- Tourist visa with double entry for 30 days $35 USD
Children under 12 are free
The ETA is valid for 6 months
Length of Stay
You can stay for 30 days from the date of arrival into Sri Lanka, an extension is possible and can be made once you have arrived in Sri Lanka
Gap between visits
There is no restriction
- Standard processing time 1 business day
- Rush process time 3 hours (additional $30)
- Urgent process time 30 mins (additional $50)
Must have 6 months validity on your passport from time of entry.
Port of Entry
You are able to enter Sri Lanka from any port.
ETA entry conditions
- You are travelling to Sri Lanka for tourism purposes
- You must have a round trip ticket to show at your port of entry
- Evidence of sufficient funds to support
- You should NOT engage in any form of employment, paid or unpaid
- You must NOT have a valid residence visa for Sri Lanka
- You can NOT already be in Sri Lanka
- You can NOT already have a valid visa to enter Sri Lanka
- You must make sure that the same travel document used for applying online is the same travel document when entering Sri Lanka